Welcome

Scouse Pie and Bovril is a blog dedicated to bringing you the latest on LFC, quality articles while mixing our passions for music, film, fashion, funny videos, photography & design.

Saturday 16 February 2013

Xabi - Reds Must Be Patient



Former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso believes patience will be the key if the Reds are to progress under Brendan Rodgers.

Alonso, who swapped Merseyside for Madrid in August 2009, made 210 appearances for the club and scooped Champions League and FA Cup winners' medals during his stay.

He explained to BBC Sport how he still feels close to Liverpool and that he monitors the team's progress from afar.

"With Brendan, Liverpool are building a project," said Alonso.

"They need to be patient. We all want to see Liverpool fighting for the Champions League places.

"I still follow the Premier League and I still feel very attached to Liverpool and I follow them. I consider myself a Liverpool fan."

No comments:

Post a Comment