Welcome

Scouse Pie and Bovril is a blog dedicated to bringing you the latest on LFC, quality articles while mixing our passions for music, film, fashion, funny videos, photography & design.

Friday 4 January 2013

Joe Cole Completes West Ham Move



Liverpool Football Club have confirmed that Joe Cole has returned to West Ham on a free transfer.

The 31-year-old midfielder leaves Anfield after a unsuccessful two-and-a-half-year spell with the Reds following his transfer from Chelsea in the summer of 2010.

Cole who started his career with West Ham before joining Chelsea in 2003, has signed a 18-month contract. It is believed that Liverpool have paid Cole £3m to make up for lost wages.

He told the West Ham’s official website: “It is a great move for me. Coming back here brings back all the memories of the pitches I learnt how to play on.

“This is where I learnt my trade and I’m happy to have another chance to be here. I’ve always loved West Ham and I hope I can give the club a few memorable seasons.

“The timing was right for me to come back and I’m happy. I’m back in London and I’m delighted to be here. I want to be here and I want to make an impact.

“Sam Allardyce didn’t have to sell me the club for me to come back. For me, I have had 18 months at Liverpool where I haven’t played much football and Sam wants to play me.

“I feel like I owe the club a little bit as well because if it wasn’t for West Ham I wouldn’t be a footballer. This club’s great youth-team coaches taught me the trade.”

No comments:

Post a Comment